1. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE MEMBERS OF THE HPA
2. ALL TOURNAMENTS WILL BE PLAYED UNDER HPA RULES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED
3. ENTRY FORMS: No entry will be accepted a.) Without payment (where applicable) b.) Without the names of all four genuine players and the signature and contact details of the Team Captain/Manager and that of the person who is responsible for paying the fees. The forms must also include full contact details ofall non Cirencester Park Polo Club team members and indicate the team representative/captain. Entry forms will be available, hard copy from The Polo Office or online via the Cirencester Park Polo Club website.
4. ENTRY CLOSURE: Entries will close at midnight on the closing date as listed for each tournament.
5. ENTRY FEES: Payment must be received with the entry form prior to the tournament entry closing date. A team will not be entered into the Draw unless the entry fee for that tournament has been paid. Additional fees will apply for Victor & Victrix Ludorum Tournaments (See Paragraph 6)
i. TheClubreservestherighttochargeinterestonanyamountsdueafter3monthsatarateof3%abovebaseinterestper month until paid plus any penalty the Club imposes for non-payment. Should collection efforts be required, the account holder shall be fully responsible for payment of all costs of collection including any legal fees.
ii. All invoice queries must be raised within 14 days from date of invoice.
6. VICTOR & VITRIX LUDORUM TOURNAMENTS: For all Victor & Vitrix Ludorum Tournaments, umpires will be provided by the HPA for all games. Teams will be invoiced directly by the HPA.
7. DOMESTIC TOURNAMENTS: A minus one can play in domestic tournaments of Eight to Ten Goal
8. NO PLAY DATES: It is the responsibility ofthe Team Captain to co-ordinate no play dates for the entire team. No guarantee can be given for preferred no play dates. For all tournaments the number of“no play/preferred play” dates are limited to a maximum of five per team.
9. DRAW COMPLETED: Once the draw has been made matches cannot be re-scheduled, except at the sole discretion ofthe Tournament Committee. (See also Paragraph 12)
10. TEAM NAME: A team name may not be changed after the team has commenced playing in the tournament.
11. TEAM WITHDRAWAL: Once a team has entered the tournament and the draw has been published, it may not withdraw unless there are exceptional circumstances and the Tournament Committee agrees. Please note, no discounts or refunds will be given should a team withdraw from a match or tournament. Withdrawal of a team from a match or tournament without the permission of the Tournament Committee will be considered as misconduct.
12. GROUND ALLOCATION: Teams agree to play all games at Cirencester Park Polo Club. Should teams wish to play a game at an alternative location, both teams playing must agree on a suitable location and notify The Club of their wishes 48 hours prior. This must be agreed by The Tournamnet Committee. Please note: All costs associated with the moving of the game will be split 50/50 between the two teams.
13. CHANGE OF TIME: Having obtained permission from the Polo Office, a team requiring a change of time will be responsible for seeking the agreement of the other team(s), and will be subject to a charge of £240.
14. CLASH OF GAMES: When Players have a clash of games, precedence will be given to the higher handicap tournament and an eligible substitute expected as a replacement for the lower handicap tournament.
15. DISPUTES: Decisions ofthe Tournament Committee will be final in regard to any dispute.
16. SAFETY ZONES: Spare ponies are only allowed in the designated areas in four boxes at the corner of the grounds, during play and are not permitted to change in the safety zones.
17. UMPIRE PONIES: Each team will provide a suitable umpire pony fit for purpose (two per team for 15 goals and above) for each of its matches, saddled as for polo.
18. GROUNDS AND TIME: Game times and ground allocations will be available from The Polo office and website by 00:00, the day before the event.
19. WARMING UP: In order to maintain the best possible ground conditions, warming up and stick and balling on CPPC grounds is restricted to immediately (15 minutes) before you play.
20. PONY WELFARE: All Players and Grooms are to adhere to the Hurlingham Polo Association Polo Pony Welfare Guidelines.
21. VACCINATIONS AND PONY PASSPORTS. All ponies must have, by law, a passport, which may be obtained through the HPA. Each pony must also have a valid vaccination certificate, which undeniably relates to the pony, completed, signed and stamped on each line by a MRCVS. For ponies registered with the HPA before 31st December 2013 it must state that the pony has received two injections for primary vaccination against Equine Influenza given no less than 21 days and no more than 92 days apart. Thereafter, booster injections must be given annually. The first injection for primary vaccination must have been given before the pony may play at any club or in any tournament. For ponies registered in 2014 or with no vaccination history the passport must state that the pony has received two injections for primary vaccination against Equine Influenza given no less than 21 days and no more than 92 days apart plus a third booster within 3 to 7 months of the second vaccination. Thereafter, booster injections must be given annually. The first injection for primary vaccination must have been given before the pony may play at any club or in any tournament.
22. VETERINARY SURGEONS: In the event of an equine emergency on the field, The Cirencester Park Polo Club on call Veterinary Surgeon will attend. Once the pony has been taken off the field the owner’s Veterinary Surgeon may be consulted with regard to ongoing procedures.
23. PRIZE-GIVING: Whenever there is a prize giving/presentation at the end of any match in a tournament, each and every member of the specific two teams are to be ready and present no later than 10 minutes after the end of the match, dressed in team colours, whites and boots. Please note that only players and officials are permitted in the presentation area for prize giving.
24. TROPHIES: The trophy/cup is to be insured by the winning team from the day it is presented until the day that it is presented to the next winning team. The trophy is to be kept clean, in good condition, engraved and returned prior to the start of the tournament. Should the trophy/cup be returned in poor condition and/or not engraved the team shall be billed accordingly to rectify it.
25. PHOTOGRAPHY/RECORDINGS: It is a condition of entry to Cirencester Park Polo Club tournaments that each and every team member agrees without formal formality to:
i. To being photographed and/or recorded by film, video, television cameras and sound equipment at all times when they are present at any event relating to a tournament, whether or not such event takes place at the grounds of Cirencester Park Polo Club;
ii. To surrender to all rights in respect of such photographs and recordings.
26. DRESS CODE: Players must adhere to the dress code of white jeans, team shirt, boots, kneepads and polo helmet.
ACCIDENTS & EMERGENCIES
Reporting of Accidents, Under the new Health and Safety legislation it is now a patron’s responsibility as an employer to ensure that if their professional has a serious accident they report the accident to the relevant enforcing authority under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR). Patrons are also responsible for ensuring that any serious accident that they are involved in is also reported to the above body. All injuries should be reported as soon as possible, with injuries lasting longer than 3 days to be reported within 10 days. To report an incident, patrons should inform the Incident Contact Centre (ICC). The ICC is a ‘one-stop’ reporting service for work-related health and safety incidents in the UK. They can be contacted on: 0845 300 9923, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm. Alternatively reports can be made online at: www.hse.gov.uk/riddor
1. Following an accident, any player who is taken to hospital by air ambulance the injured party are encouraged to make a donation to The Wiltshire Air Ambulance Service.
2. Following an accident where a player requires Entonox for pain relief following a serious injury, the injured party are encouraged to make a voluntary contribution to our Medical Covers main Charity namely The Poppy Factory Registered Charity number 225348.
1. POLO MATCHES: Will normally be scheduled between 10:00 & 17:30. Semi-Finals & Finals will normally be held at 14:30 & 16:00
2. WEATHER: If the weather is inclement the Polo Manager will inspect the grounds at 8.00am, and make any necessary decision, informing all parties involved.
1. The Polo Office: Will be open from 09.00 - 17:00 All Week. Out of season the office will be manned from 09.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday.
1. The speed limit in the Park is 20 mph.
2. Entrance is via Two Mile Lodge.
3. Car stickers must be fixed to windscreens and prominently displayed. 4. The traffic one-way system must be observed at all times.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PATRON AND/OR THE TEAM CAPTAIN TO ENSURE THAT ALL PLAYERS AND GROOMS IN A TEAM ARE MADE AWARE OF THE ABOVE RULES AND CONDITIONS AND HAVE AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THEM.